Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bumpdate: 20 weeks

(Actually had makeup on today and hair done, so I decided to show my face)

How Far Along: 20 weeks

Size of the baby: The size of a banana (about 7 in from crown to rump, 11 oz)

Total Weight Gain: The doctor was happy with my weight gain thus far, we'll just leave it at that.

Maternity Clothes: Yes, wearing mostly maternity these days. Regular shirts are just a bit short in the front. Some pants I can still wear from pre-pregnancy, but I must use the bella band.

Gender: Still not finding out :)

Movement: A bunch of movement. Last week the doctor discovered that my placenta is behind the baby so I am able to feel kicks through my stomach because their isn't that barrier between baby and my skin. Mainly feel the movement in the mornings at in the evenings.

Sleep: Tossing and turning, up to use the restroom, and then lying awake from 3:30am on thinking about all of the things I need to do for baby and school. Guess this is God's way of preparing me for little sleep later down the road.

What I miss: I miss being able to do anything. I was in my classroom yesterday and the only way I could get something up on the wall was to stand on a chair, which my doctor said was a big no-no. I did try, but then got scared of falling, so I'll have to have someone help me. I don't like asking for help.

Symptoms: Some days it feels like my whole abdomen is stretching out of my body. Doctor said these "stretching" pains are normal so I just rub the buddha until it stops. Is booty jiggle a symptom? Because I have that going on.

Cravings: Still no major cravings. It is hard for me to decide what to eat most days. I have found that I enjoy spicy food and it doesn't taste as spicy as it used to...

Weekly Wisdom: Let others help.

Best Moment of the Week: This happened about 2 weeks ago, but Greg actually felt the baby kick - amazing to see his face!

Looking forward to: getting some furniture delivered that we had refurbished for the nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment