Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hearty Hashbrown Casserole

Last night we enjoyed some family time over at my sister's house. We supplied symphony brownies and hashbrown casserole. The hashbrown casserole was a HIT! I thought I'd share it with everyone as it was shared with me by my fabulous mother-in-law, Debbie! She doesn't think she can cook - but after I ate this at her house, I just knew she had to have been Paula Dean in another life ... enjoy!
Creamy Hash Brown Casserole
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
  • 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can cream of celery soup
  • 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 (30-ounce) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 2 cups crushed Lay's potato chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 9x13 casserole dish.

In a small skillet, melt 1/4 cup of butter over medium heat. Add onion, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Pour mixture into a large bowl. Add the sour cream, cream of celery soup, cheese, garlic powder, hash browns, and salt and pepper. Combine until well blended.

Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Top evenly with crushed potato chips. Before I top it with potato chips, I like to sprinkle Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning on top.


Bake for 45 minutes, or until hot and bubbly!


No comments:

Post a Comment